Monday 5 January 2015

The Eve and the Day that were New Years 2015

So as you may find out along the course of this blog, both myself and Ryan (my boyfriend) are not the biggest party animals you may say. Therefore this meant we didn't have any master plans for New Years 2015. May I add this was also due to the fact that I was working until 3pm the day of.

As our friends were down in our home town, or joining the riots at Rhythm and Vines (NZ's biggest new years music festival) we were stuck for ideas of how to celebrate the end of a very up and down year.

A spontaneous Wagamama's was the path we ended up taking, and although this may sound mediocre to many, both of us were beyond thrilled to indulge in our favourite Chicken Katsu Curry, some Peach Iced Tea, and of course, a slice of New York baked Cheesecake for desert.









We then chilled out at home and waited until about 11:30 to go up to the cities Auckland Museum to watch the fireworks off the Skytower. Proved a little disappointing and it was a cloudy night yet still better than sitting at home watching the top 100 songs of the year. I would have taken photos also but as stated, the display wasn't as good as we would have hoped and none of the photos turned out very well.

New Years day was of much more excitement in my eyes. Beginning with a picnic in Cornwall Park, a huge and lovely park surrounding the iconic One Tree Hill in Auckland. Just down the road from our house which is a score.





And after a day of much needed relaxation we headed back up to the Museum that night to take some long shutter photos of the city lights. Still testing out the new camera and fiddling with the settings so I am well aware I am far from professional photographer, but nevertheless here are a few shots of our first night of 2015








I hope this year proves to be a great one for all and that you achieve things that you've always dreamed of.

Also if you would like to know what some of my resolutions are for this year make sure to check out my latest youtube video, and my channel while you're over there :)




Love and Laughs
Charlotte Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment