Thursday 1 January 2015

Let Me Introduce Myself

New Year, New Me, New..... Blog?! 
I'm unsure how to kick things off really. Whether to go with the dear diary blog approach, or what else? I think the best thing for me will be to babble. I feel as though i'd be good at that. 

My name is Charlotte Jane Rudd. Few call me Charlie, but i'm mostly just Charlotte. 19 years old going on 30. I say this because well, my boyfriend and I, whom I share my petite - Auckland Townhouse with - we aren't exactly what you would call the typical 19 year old couple as such. Many may assume that at our age we like to spend our spare time indulging in excessive partying and drinking and causing havoc, and i'd love to tell you that my life is full of such excitement, but really we are quite content with quiet weekends in, meeting for supermarket visits after work, and spending $500 on a Christmas tree and decorations instead of vodka and taxi cabs to clubs. Basically, by letting you know now how legitimately excited we were over a decent garlic crusher this Christmas just been, that sums us up in a nutshell more or less.

Anyway enough of the TMI this has become ( I did let you know that I am great at babbling ). 
Charlotte. 19. 
I am 6ft tall and have always resented my height, although I will help you reach that thing you need off the top shelf in the supermarket, because i'm just that kind of person.

I love cookie dough ice cream, Ben and Jerry's to be exact. So much that I can justify spending $12 for a less than 1lt tub of it when I go to Aussie...

I much enjoy the smell of fireplaces burning on winters nights, but now this is starting to sound like the profile for a dating website. Talking about smells though, need I mention that I am a wee bit obsessed with candles. 

I've worked at places such as Burger King, Lush Cosmetics, Office Jobs and Retail. And to be quite honest I'm not sure what I want to focus on as a main career in life, but my thoughts on working and study after high school, well that's a whole other post in itself.

I love makeup and am obsessed with hoarding it, yet I am still in the stages of learning how best to apply such wonderful products, so I will not lead you blind into believing that I am some budding make up artist or beauty guru, because I'm far from that. 

I am an only child and think of that what you will. Spoilt, bratty, selfish, I know the stereotype. Really all I think I can say in regards to this though, is that I genuinely enjoy alone time. I'm not afraid to be by myself once in a while and it's actually something that I have come to need in life to keep me sane. 

I'm unsure if this blog will have a particular genre or angle such as beauty, health, lifestyle etc. But I won't apologise if it doesn't. My aim is that this blog will be a slice of me, a creative outlet for my thoughts, and reassurance that I may not completely lose ability to write semi okay now that i've left school. 

Take from this what you will. A small taste of who I am. I hope you stick around long enough to get to know me a lot better from the posts sure to come. And here's to a great year, 2015.

Love and Laughs,

Charlotte Jane xx 

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world lovely :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/12/my-new-years-resolution.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! thank you, I've followed your blog on bloglovin and look forward to more posts! still getting used to how to follow and keep up to date with real blogs haha, your blog is lovely x

      Delete