Sunday 18 January 2015

Smooth Moves, (not so smooth title)


Today i'll be Nigella. Or Annabelle Langbein. Betty Crocker?
Or just another young lady, who makes the healthy eating resolution stick for 1 week, all guns blazing, and then scraps those motives for a whole block of Cadbury Dairy Milk.

What i'm trying to say is that I am definitely no fitspo blog to motivate your healthy eating 2015 intentions, but I do make a great smoothie...recently.

I hate breakfast, and unfortunately the only breakfast i'll eat is if someone offers to make me a decent eggs bene! Although, that is not always the case most mornings, so I usually go without. However, Ryan and I have recently got really into smoothie making. This is nothing new for a lot of people but I never gave it a decent shot since I don't like milk or yoghurt which is usually used to liquify the mix.

So before I babble myself off the page, here is my quick, go-to, tropical smoothie recipe!


1. Frozen berries. I prefer these over fresh as they don't go bad, and they cool the smoothie right down as they are essentially a fruity ice cube. The brand we use is 40 below I believe and it comes with grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.


2. Banana. We all no the benefits of banana so I wont babble on, but I will say it adds a certain thickness to the smoothie if you freeze them first.


3. Spinach, famously known for the "Popeye Strength" it is also a great way to bulk up your smoothies. It restores energy, increases vitality and improves blood flow. It is also a good source of vitamins K, A and C. For similar purposes you can also you Kale or Silverbeet.



4. Juice. To make this more of a tropical smoothie I add a cup of Orange juice and a cup of Pineapple juice. I try to buy the ones with the least sugar content.


5. Coconut milk! Like I said early on in the piece I don't really like milk or yoghurt, so to make this a wee bit milkier? I use lite coconut milk. Its a lactose free alternative, source of protein and lower in fat. It also adds that fresh tropical taste to the smoothie and you only need about half a cup.


6. Ice. Self explanatory. Just to cool it down.


Blend. Pour. Stick in a straw. And voilĂ !

NOTE: I usually guess the quantities! This one made more than enough for both myself and Ryan.



Make sure to leave your smoothie combo suggestions in the comments and let me know if you recreate mine!

Love and Laughs
Charlotte Jane x

2 comments:

  1. this sounds so yummyyyy! im trying to be much morehealthy this year and really want to try more juices and smoothies! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/switching-off.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, I nominated you for the liebster award! You have such a nice blog, I think you deserve more recognition.(:
    The questions are on my blog: www.beautywithmaxime.blogspot.com
    Love, Maxime. ♥

    ReplyDelete