Wednesday 21 January 2015

Body Shop Haul & Review

So although this isn't technically a haul i've rushed home straight from the mall to my laptop to talk about all the lovely things i've bought, it is still a haul of some sorts.

I've always loved the body shop from a young age when I used to obsess over which body butter I needed in my life, for me only to use twice a week at most. However recently I have started to have a soft spot for the stores extensive makeup and skincare lines. I've always been tempted to try the skin care especially but was never in the right financial state (when am I ever) to be spending crazy dollars on products that may take a turn for the worst on my skin.

Never-the-less, the day has come, (or came), where I decided to splurge on all the goodies I had eyed up! I have had all these products for atleast a few weeks now so have given each a good trial run and will give you a brief review on what I think of each.

Aloe Eye Defence 15ml

I never thought the day would come where I would be so excited about an eye cream... yes this is happening at the age of 19. The aloe very in this cream is so cooling and soothing and is designed to hydrate and protect the delicate skin under your eye area. Go into your body shop for a tester first but this product is a real bang for your buck since you only need the tiniest little dot under each eye and the product goes so far. 

Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet 50ml

Sorry about the weird colouring in this photo, unsure how that happened. I can not express how cool this product is, and you get an indication of it immediately from the name. SORBET?! This consistency is light and refreshing just like sorbet, with the subtle smell of what I believe is vitamin E which to my senses is quite floral and in no way too potent. This moisturiser, I cannot express how hydrating this is! I am in LOVE. And like the eye cream a little product goes a long way. Obsessed with this. 

Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter 90ml

I feel as though people will get sick of me saying how "cool" products are but I think it's the fact that I have never tried anything like it. And this is another one of those products. The camomile cold cleanse is essentially a makeup removing BUTTER. No water need to pre rinse, you just apply a swipe of the butter by rubbing it into your cheeks with your fingers. ON TOP OF MAKEUP. As you begin to rub in the cleanse, the butter melts to an oily consistency and starts to break down the makeup. I use cotton pads and a toner to then remove the oily layer and prepare to apply moisturiser. 
An easy and gentle way to remove a whole face of makeup that leaves your skin feeling oh so fresh! 

Coconut Beautifying Oil 100ml

I've been eyeing up this for a while as I love the body shop's coconut scent! I've used this on my skin as a dry oil like it suggests and I will say it smells absolutely beautiful but thats about it. Although I do like rubbing it and brushing it through my hair to give it a healthy shine. This use proves to be most effective for me. 

All-In-One Instablur Primer 25ml

From the wonderful world of Youtube I had heard much talk about the Insta Blur primer. I love it. It doesn't dry my skin out and does help my foundation apply in a more "flawless" manor! Although I will not go as far to say that it is any better than primer's I have already tried like the Benefit Pore-fessional. I think both are equally as brilliant as each other. Never-the-less I am impressed with this product from the stores make-up line and can see this being a holy grail product as the Body Shop is more accessible in New Zealand than Benefit. 

Honey Bronze 03 Medium Matte

And last but not least is this baby. In it's gorgeous, sleek, tortoiseshell compact, I have been waiting to try the honey bronzer for quite some time now. This is the first bronzer i've owned and I chose it purely because in all the reviews i've heard, it has been said that it is very build-able and quite natural, not too orangey! So therefore less room to make mistakes! So far so good! 

Hope you enjoyed my little collection i'm starting to gather of Body Shop goodness! Make sure you leave your product suggestions in the comments below.

I also did a video which you can watch here



Love and Laughs
Charlotte Jane x 

For other great beauty and make-up reviews check out Makeup Obsessives






No comments:

Post a Comment