Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sweet Mother of Beauty - YSL




Recently Ryan and I took a decent smidgen of time off from our jobs and jetted off to Melbourne for two weeks to stay with his Dad. Melbourne. Just that word itself screams  shopping to me, much to the disapproval of both my boyfriend and my bank account. I couldn't resist though, with the gorgeous duty free counters sucking me in to their "great deals". And of course the numerous shopping malls I found myself "trapped" in.

YSL lipsticks in particular have always been high on my wishlist. How can you deny that packaging? Well hand over my heart, I can truly say that these products are beautiful, as well as the packaging. The Rouge Volupte lipsticks are creamy beyond imaginable and super opaque. I was actually pleasantly but very much surprised at the pigmentation of these colours. I bought two as a result of this. 

No. 1 - Nude Beige
Has the stupidest name. It is not a beige whatsoever. However it is a gorgeous baby pink, much like Mac Creme Cup if I do say so myself. Although I have to say that the two shades are different in acknowledgement that Creme Cup is a cream sheen formula so it is not as opaque as the YSL. 

No. 3 - Ultimate Beige 
I would say is closer to accurate with the name choice. I would describe this colour as a deep, pinky, brown nude. So yea much more in the beige category! You'll also quickly learn that I am shit at describing colours! This is a great staple though especially if you are on the deep nude lip bandwagon, this is one to  add to your collection.

YSL Baby Doll Mascara

Two words; Holy Grail. This mascara if perfection. Lengthening, separating, blackest lashes, you name it. If you are looking for fluttery, doll-like lashes I would seriously consider giving this one a whirl. I can see myself purchasing many of these in years to come. 

YSL Black Opium Parfum - 50ml
If heaven had a smell I imagine it is something like this. This scent is what I would describe as sweet but not sickly. Fresh but not citrusy. Sophisticated but not musky. The combination of notes in this perfume are on point! The key notes are black coffee, white florals and vanilla. Of course fragrance is always a little tricky since they sit different on everyone's skin, but I would say this one is definitely worth your trip to the department store to give this a sniff (not so elegant phrase). This is quite easily the nicest scent I have come across in a while. 

If you want to see more of the damage I did whilst in Australia, head over to my Youtube channel to see my High End Makeup haul. No, YSL was not the only culprit. 



I'm always intrigued to try new high end beauty products so make sure you leave your suggestions in the comments below! 

Love and Laughs

Charlotte Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment